Home Page Press USCF Job Opening: Social Media / Chess Life Online Assistant
|USCF Job Opening: Social Media / Chess Life Online Assistant|
|March 30, 2015|
States Chess Federation (USCF) is accepting applications for the position of
Social Media / Chess Life Online Assistant. The USCF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
organization dedicated to empowering people one move at a time. The USCF is the
national governing body for chess and serves over 85,000 members.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Editor, the Social Media /Digital Assistant is responsible for managing the USCF's online presence. He/she may work remotely. This position is part-time.
Social Media Manager/Chess Life Online Assistant
Paid Internship/Part Time -15 hours a week
· Grow social media presence on Twitter, Facebook and investigate options for a possible tertiary presence on Instagram using a combination of posts and campaigns/contests.
· Write 1 article a week for CLO, ideally tying into our social media presence.
· Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities.
· Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
· Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
· Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
· Able to work with Chessbase, computer engine, social media networks, MS Word and some basic photo editing skills.
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
· Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
· Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
· Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
· Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
1. Knowledge of the chess world (USCF rating of 1600 or over preferred but not required). The ideal candidate will follow major chess news
2. Video editing or production skills
3. Geographic proximity to an area with major chess activity, which may allow for live reporting or unique photo content.
4. Existing following on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram.
Application: Interested applicants should submit (in PDF format) (1) a letter of interest, (2) resume, (3) three references, and (4) a writing sample no longer than two pages to [email protected] by May 1, 2015. Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The United States Chess Federation is committed to having an inclusive community, and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.Bottom of Form