The USCF’s affiliates are its greatest asset. Without the hard work of the many people connected with our state and local clubs and associations, we would have only a small fraction of our 90,000 members.
Regular affiliation includes the right to hold USCF-rated tournaments, to receive commissions on USCF memberships sold, and to receive Chess Life and the Rating Supplement by mail. All this for $40 is a bargain; we keep the price low because we seek as many affiliates as possible.
We are now asking our affiliates to do even more for chess and USCF—to hold more rated events and, if possible, to make a higher level of financial commitment to the USCF, thereby helping us to bring organized chess to more people and to achieve our long-sought goal of topping the 100,000 mark in USCF membership.
Gold and Silver Affiliates are affiliates who are able to make a higher level of financial commitment to the USCF, and accordingly are recognized in Chess Life and on the uschess.org website. The Gold and Silver Affiliate programs are described below.
As of August 6, 2007 we are adding two additional options for an affiliate to become either a Silver or Gold Affiliate to what is already noted below for our existing Silver & Gold Affiliate program.
Silver Affiliate: Our new option to become a Silver Affiliate is an annual payment of $250.00 without a minimum requirement of memberships to be submitted. Your affiliate will be included in a special listing in the Tournament Life area each month in Chess Life, giving the affiliate name, state, and choice of either, phone number, email address, or website.
Gold Affiliate: Our new option to become a Gold Affiliate is an annual payment of $500.00 without a minimum requirement of memberships to be submitted. Your affiliate will be included in a special listing with a larger font in the Tournament Life area each month in Chess Life, giving the affiliate name, address, phone number, email address, and website.
Mail your Gold or Silver Affiliate payment with your contact information to: US Chess, Attn: Judy Misner - Gold & Silver Affiliate Program, P.O. Box 3967, Crossville, TN 38557.
Any affiliate that has submitted at least 50 USCF memberships during the current or previous calendar year, or is the recognized State Affiliate, is eligible to become a Gold Affiliate. Gold Affiliates are honored in a special list in larger type in Tournament Life each month, giving the affiliate name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and website. Gold Affiliation costs $350 per year, and existing affiliates may subtract $3 for each month remaining on their regular affiliation, or $20 for each month remaining on their Silver Affiliation. By paying $500 instead of $350, Gold Affiliate status may be obtained with no minimum requirement for memberships submitted.
Current Gold Affiliates
- Cajun Chess: 12405 Hillary Step Dr., Olive Branch, MS 38654, 504.208.9596. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cajunchess.com.
- Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis: 4657 Maryland Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63108, Phone: 314.361.CHESS. Email: email@example.com Website: saintlouischessclub.org.
- ChessIQ: 4957 Oakton Street Suite 113, Skokie, IL 60077. Phone: 847.423.8626 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.chessiq.com.
- Continental Chess Association: PO Box 8482, Pelham, NY 10803, 201.347.2269. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.chesstour.com.
- Dallas Chess Club: 200 S Cottonwood Dr Suite C, Phone: 972.231.2065. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.dallaschess.com.
- Marshall Chess Club: 23 W. 10th St, New York, NY 10011, Phone: 212.477.3716 Email: email@example.com Website: www.marshallchessclub.org
- New York City Chess Inc.: Chess NYC Programs c/o Russell Makofsky & Michael Propper PO Box 189, 1710 First Ave, New York, NY 10012. Phone: 212.475.8130. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.chessnyc.com.
- PaperClip Pairings: c/o J. Houghtaling Jr & Remy Farrari, 6005 Forest Blvd., Brownsville, Texas 78526. Phone: 956.459.2421. Email: email@example.com.
- San Diego Chess Club: 2225 Sixth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101. Phone: 619.239.7166, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.sandiegochessclub.org.
- Shore HS Chess League PO Box 773, Lincroft, NJ 07738, Email: email@example.com.
- Silver Knights Chess 3929 Old Lee Hwy Ste 92D, Fairfax, VA 22030, Phone: 703.574.2070, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.silverknightschess.com.
Any affiliate that has submitted at least 25 USCF memberships during the current or previous calendar year, or is the recognized State Affiliate, is eligible to become a Silver Affiliate. These affiliates will be recognized in a special list in Tournament Life each month, giving the affiliate name, state, and choice of either phone number, e-mail address, or website. Silver Affiliation costs $150 per year, and existing affiliates may subtract $3 for each month remaining on their regular affiliation. Alternatively, for an annual payment of $250.00 (instead of $150), the requirement for a minimum number of USCF members will be waived.
Current Silver Affiliates:
- Bay Area Chess (CA), www.BayAreaChess.com
- Boca Raton Chess Club (FL) , bocachess.com.
- En Passant Chess Club (TX) , email@example.com.
- Long Island Chess Nuts (NY), 516.739.3907.
- Los Angeles Chess Club (CA), www.LAChessClub.com.
- Michigan Chess Association (MI), www.michess.org.
- Oklahoma Chess Foundation (OK), www.OCFchess.org.
- Sparta Chess Club (NJ) , www.spartachessclub.org.
- Success Chess School (CA) ,www.successchess.com.
- Western PA Youth Chess Club (PA) ,www.youthchess.net.