2014 USCF National Girls Invitational Tournament Information & Rules
(Revised- 19 March 2014)
The USCF National Girls Invitational is a tournament of Champions for girls from across the United States.
When: July 26 to July 29during the 2014 U.S. Open.
Where: The location will be the Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Dr., Orlando, FL 32819, Hotel Reservations: 800.204.7234, Rate: $109.
All Players are may enter the US Open at a 50% discount, after completing all 6 rounds of the NGIT.
The winner of the tournament shall receive the title of USCF National Girls Champion of Champions. (In case of ties, co-champions shall be recognized.)
The winner (or tiebreak winner if co-champions exist) will qualify for the 2014 World Youth if the player is eligible to join the USCF delegation.
- Each state (States defined per USCF include Washington, DC and Northern & Southern California) shall be allowed one Representative as determined by their USCF State Affiliate.
- The Girls Nomination Form will be filled out by the authorized state official and sent to Jon Haskel. We strongly encourage each affiliate to identify a tournament to determine its Girl’s State Champion. Selecting the representative by some other criteria as determined by the state affiliate is acceptable.
- Each state should also identify an alternate who may be substituted as the official Representative in case the first nominee cannot attend.
- If there are an uneven number of entrants in the tournament, the host state may enter an additional eligible player. The additional player is eligible for prize monies.
- Should the USCF state affiliate fail to submit their Girls Nomination Form for this tournament by July 5, the organizers will determine the candidate from that state.
- All players including home schooled students must be under the age of 20 on September 1 of the year in which the tournament is held.
- All players must have taken at least three (3) courses, during the spring before the National Girls Invitational using the K through 12th grade curriculum.
- The Representative may not be listed as a full-time student at any college, or university.
- Proof of eligibility shall be the responsibility of the players and the USCF state official certifying the Representative or Alternate.
National Girls Invitational Schedule
| ||Opening Ceremony||3 PM Saturday, July 26, 2014 (REQUIRED ATTENDANCE AND CHECK-IN). All participants including the host state alternate are required to attend the opening ceremony. |
| ||Round 1 ||Saturday, July 26, 7PM (Same time as the evening round of the US Open-7 PM) |
| ||Round 2 ||Sunday, July 27 - 12:00 Noon. |
| ||Round 3 ||Sunday, July 27 - 7 PM. |
| ||Round 4 ||Monday, July 28 - 12:00 Noon. |
| ||Round 5 ||Monday, July 28 - 7 PM. |
| ||Round 6 ||Tuesday, July 29 - 10 AM. |
| ||Awards Ceremony ||Tuesday, July 29 - 4 PM. |
- Players shall be required to play all six rounds of the tournament.
- Players need to notify the TD staff if they become ill during the tournament, so that the host state alternate can be substituted.
- Players expelled from the tournament, or who withdraw, forfeit rights to all prizes.
- Each player shall be required to furnish the TD with a legible and complete score sheet at the conclusion of each round.
- The time control will be Game 90 with 30 second increment.
- USCF Rated.
This tournament is sponsored by the US Chess Federation. Other sponsors include the US Chess Trust and Trophies Plus, the Ursula Foster Family and ICC.
Travel & Accommodations
Players are responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Players sharing rooms should make their arrangements carefully, as neither the USCF nor the tournament is responsible for any consequences arising from such arrangements. Please note that registration in a hotel room will require a person 18 years of age or older to be present.
Each state affiliate needs to request and complete the Nomination Form from the National Girls Invitational organizer. Each player must provide the Tournament Organizer with a phone number of a parent or other responsible adult in case of an emergency.
Internet Chess Club Membership
Each of our participants will receive a two year free membership and if a current participant is already a member then they will receive an extension of two years on their current membership. This two year membership will become available upon completion of the six rounds.
National Girls Invitational Organizers:
Jon Haskel Event Director
2385 Executive Center Dr. #100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
E-Mail: [email protected]
Jennifer Skidmore USCF Women’s Committee Chair
PO Box 8064
Ann Arbor, MI 48107