Home Page Chess Life Online USCF News: Update on Email Capabilities
|USCF News: Update on Email Capabilities|
|By Mike Nolan|
|December 22, 2009|
The USCF has made several enhancements to its email capabilities recently.
This gives us several tools that members may be interested in:
1. Members can now receive email updates when an event they played in has
been rated. These may even arrive before the event is available on MSA.
2. Members can sign up for TLA Mail and get daily updates of upcoming events
that they are interested in. As of today, TLA Mail now lists events
that have been or will be advertised in Chess Life as well as ones
listed by organizers in the USCF's Online TLA Service.
3. Members can sign up for the above services using the email preferences
(For now they will need to know their USCF ID and PIN to update their
email preferences. In the future, members may be able to use their
uschess.org login and password.)
4. In addition to the above, members can also use the above link to opt in
or out of email sent by the USCF on behalf of our book and equipment
partner, USCF Sales, email sent by the USCF on behalf of affiliates,
and email sent by the USCF on behalf of other 3rd parties.
5. We are now sending out email renewal notices for USCF memberships.
6. Every year the USCF sends out several thousand replacement membership
cards. As a possible alternative, the USCF office now has the ability to
email a member a replacment USCF membership card as a PDF file, emailed
to the address in the member's USCF record. It can be printed out on
a laser or inkjet printer, though it will look best if it printed
on card stock.