Top Ten Chess Pick-Up Lines
By CLO Editors
February 10, 2007
10.Come to this outpost often?
9.I lost my queen last round, but I think I just found her.
8. If you like my opening just wait until the middlegame.
7. Your father must have been a Grandmaster to steal the passed pawns he put in your eyes.
6. There is no gambit I won't play for you.
5. Is that a Chronos in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
4. Did anyone ever tell you you look a lot like IM Almira Skripchenko (or GM Vladimir Tkachiev)?
3. Wow, how much do you have to practice to get such strong knights?
2. I can help you prepare for your next game. My database or your database?
1. Fritz has analyzed our relationship deeply and I have good news: mate in two-Timothy J Schmal
Please logon as a member and post your idea for the number one chess pick-up line, or send it to email@example.com. X-rated ideas will not be approved.
Thanks for all the great suggestions for pick up lines and congrats to Timothy Schmal for adding the final pick-up line to our list. Here are some runners-up:
I've touched Garry Kasparov. Would you like to touch me?
Please excuse my aggressiveness, but a guy can't get himself a queen if he isn't willing to push
When I first saw you my heart skipped two tempi.
After losing a game on time: "When I saw you across the board, I knew this was the real thing, and I didn't want to move too fast."
Baby, you make me weak in the squares.
Photos of Almira and Vladimir courtesy of chessbase.com.