Accepting Bids - 2014-2015 Bookstore
By Patricia K Smith
February 27, 2014
The US Chess Federation is now accepting Bookstore bids for the
2014 & 2015 National Events!
Bids must be submitted to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday 31 March 2014, by midnight (CST)
You are bidding on the following five (5) events at the following locations:
Rosen Centre Hotel
July 26 - Aug. 3, 2014
9840 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
National K-12 Grade Championship|
December 12 - 14, 2014
Rosen Shingle Creek
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
National High School Championship
April 10 - 12, 2015
Hyatt Regency Columbus
350 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
National Junior High Championship|
April 25 - 27, 2015
140 North Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202
National Elementary Championship|
May 8 - 10, 2015
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
The US Chess Federation will:
- The US Chess Federation will provide adequate space for the bookstore vendor with tables and chairs at all listed National Events.
- Provide the bookstore vendor with the contact name at the hotel property so they may make necessary arrangements for product delivery.
- Provide a US Chess Federation point of contact person at the event.
- Include a complimentary full page ad in the 2014/2015 Nationals Program Book for each event.
Bid should include:
- Per player fee per event.
- Bookstore vendor agrees to provide chess boards and pieces for each event listed above. Sets (boards and pieces) must arrive no later than 10:00 AM, Wednesday, preceding each of the above listed events.
- Percentage of sub-vendor fees to be paid to the US Chess Federation.
- Any other additional concessions offered to the US Chess Federation.
The bid should acknowledge:
- Gift certificates issued for Friends and Family Tournament will be charged to US Chess Federation at 60% of value.
- It is understood that bookstore vendor must obtain US Chess Federation approval for any sub-vendors including any book signings.
- Space layout design will be provided to the US Chess Federation 60 days in advance of the event.
- The bookstore is responsible to provide their own electrical power and internet service.
- It is the responsibility of the bookstore vendor to make arrangements with the hotel concerning the delivery or pick up of product.
- Pay any drayage fees associated with the bookstore.
- Expected arrival and departure dates for product and bookstore contact.
- Store hours during the event to be submitted 60 days in advance of each event.
- USCF retains the rights to contract with a T-Shirt Vendor.
All questions to USCF Director of National Events: Pat Smith email@example.com.