By Phillip R Smith
November 20, 2013
The United States Chess Federation is currently looking for qualified people to fill the following positions:
Full-time position 40 hours per week, plus benefits
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manage bank account and link of credit balances.
- Perform other ad hoc projects as assigned.
The successful applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- 5+ years of accounting / finance experience.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized in your work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications and accounting software (Peachtree, Quickbooks).
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Three references required and will be checked.
Resume to: Human Resources, PO Box 3967, Crossville, TN 38557